Springdales School Pusa Road Admission Information For Nursery 2015-16 Categories, Criteria And Procedures New Delhi
School AdmissionAdmission Information for Nursery Class 2015-2016
Categories, Criteria and Procedures
The admission policy will reflect the general ethos and philosophy of the Springdales Schools run by the Springdales Education Society (Estd. 1956). The schools are inter-generational, and promote inclusivity, integration and heterogeneity in their student community. They impart a wholesome education which develops in Springdalians good citizenship, social responsibility and multi-faceted talent. The school motto “Vasudaiva Kutumbhakum – the world is a family” permeates the entire curriculum and elucidates its commitment to an integrated secular India and a peaceful and a socially just world.
The Management, staff, alumni and parents share a collective vision and mutual purpose in education so that the students may fruitfully contribute to the wider society and address the realities and concerns of our country and of the world.
Springdales has a clear DIVERSITY POLICY in place which is reflective of the Constitutional goals of our nation. We believe in the intrinsic right of every child to receive good quality education. So along with others we educate :-
- Children of Economically Weaker Sections of Society
- Children with Special Needs
- Children of Religious/Linguistic Minority Communities
For Admission to the 170 seats in the entry class for Pusa Road and Kirti Nagar 2015-16We have therefore kept the following categories which are in consonance with the school policy and guidelines of the RTE Act.
EWS CATEGORY :
CATEGORY SEATS PUSA SEATS KIRTI NAGAR PERCENTAGE 1. EWS Category 26 17 25% For the remaining 75% the categories will be : 2. General Category 48 33 47% 3. Staff Children's Category 5 4 5% 4. Special Needs Category 3 - 3% 5. School’s Discretionary Category 20 14 20% 102 68 100%
Children of the EWS category will be given 25% of the seats as per the total intake of the entry class i.e. 26. This is the percentage mandated under the RTE Act and is a part of our social responsibility.
The applicants will have to fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by Govt. and given in the Registration Form, a copy of which is placed on the public domain. If the seats exceed the number of seats available children will be admitted through Random Selection (Draw of lots) in the presence of the parent applicants.
The whole process will be fair and transparent with names of selected and non-selected candidates placed on public domain.
GENERAL CATEGORY :
For this category there will be 48 seats available which will be 47% of the total seats for this class.
The Criteria for selection of these children will be in accordance with the guidelines given. i.e. there will be no interviewing or screening of children or their parents. The whole process will be fair and rational, non-discriminatory, transparent and child-friendly. Admission will be based on the information given and will have to be backed by authentic proofs with documents attached to the form when submitted. Information regarding parents’ professions and educational qualifications will not form a part of the admission criteria. It will be used only for school data processing.
Admission for the General Category of seats will be based on the following 7 criteria as per school’s policy for which points will be given to ensure a rational and fair result. If there is a tie in the points for the last seats to be allotted there will be Random Selection in the form of a Draw of lots to finalise these seats in the same transparent manner as for the EWS category. The list of selected and non-selected candidates will be placed on the public domain showing the points secured.
CATEGORY – 3 (Children of Staff):
All permanent members of staff have a right to apply for the admission of their children. Grand Children of Staff members who have attained Superannuation in Springdales. Will be admitted to a maximum of 5% seats under Staff Category. Unfilled seats will be converted to General Category.
Candidates must apply through an Online Registration Form but no points are required for this category. If the applications exceed the number of seats allotted there will be a draw of lots and the non-selected candidates will be deferred to the next session. Grandchildren of retired staff will may be considered as fee paying students.
Any staff seats un availed at the time of closure of admission will be transferred to General category.
CATEGORY – 4 (Special Needs Category):
The schools have a well recognized Integrated Special Needs programme for differently – abled children. A Special Needs Centre is in operation. To be eligible for the integrated programme parents must attach authenticated documents related to the disability and a Certificate that the Child is ready for entry to Main stream education. There is no point system for this category but a lottery is conducted in the presence of parents provided that all documentation is complete. Maximum of 3% seats reserved in this category.
Any seats un availed at the time of closure will be transferred to General category.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION :
- Girl Child Criteria (10 points) :
- Residence Criteria (20 points maximum) :
- Those who live in surrounding areas which are specified in the registration form (20 points)
- Those who live in areas covered by the bus routes for Kindergarten children (20 points)
- Those who live further away but can make their own satisfactory transport arrangements. (15 points)
- Shankar Road
- Andh Vidyalaya
- New Rajinder Nagar Police Station
- Nehru Park
- Mother Dairy
- Double Storey
- Pusa Institute
- Prasad Nagar Police Station
- Jheel Park
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Hospital
- DAV School
- Apollo Pharmacy
- Patel Park
- Sarvodaya School No 1
- Sarvodaya School No 2
- Fruit Market (Khanna Market)
- Shadipur Metro Station
- Railway Colony
- Minto Road
- Rajouri Garden
- Tilak Nagar
- Janak Puri
- Vikas Puri
- Paschim Vihar
- Punjabi Bagh
- Meera Bagh
- Sibling Criteria (20 points allocation) :
- Alumni Criteria (20 points) :
Gender Parity and equal opportunity for the Girl child is a part of Springdalian ethos. Being co-educational the schools try to ensure that the student population has an equal balance between the sexes.
Proximity of residence to the school is beneficial to both the child and the local community. So residence has been included as Criteria for admission. It covers three aspects :-
Pre School Nursery Bus Routes
Pusa RoadRoute No 1 – Rajinder Nagar
Route No 2 – Patel Nagar
Route No 3 – Minto Road
Kirti NagarRoute No 1
The school considers this to be a very important factor for admission as it becomes very problematic for parents to have children in different schools. Existing parents also have a bonding with the school which they chose for their first child because of its special features. Even then, it will not be possible to accommodate all.
The schools are three-generational and have a large 40 year-old Alumni Association with 5000 life members deeply attached to their Alma Mater and who have great aspirations for their children’s education at Springdales.
- A) Full points will be given to those alumni who - have become members of the Old Springdalians Association at least 3 years prior to this application.
- For non-fulfilment of the above criteria (A) only 15 points will be granted.
In keeping with its ethos and objectives, the schools embrace a diverse mix of children from different communities, religions, linguistic groups. Aspirants must provide authentic proofs that they qualify as minorities as defined by authorized bodies like the Minorities Commission.
For children with single parent - Father / Mother.
- Legal Proof of custody of child to be attached.
- In case of death of spouse : death certificate to be attached.
It was found in the last few years that very few 1st born children secured admission. Therefore they are being allotted 15 points. For Admission Procedure & Schedule click here
Admission Procedure & Schedule for all categories (General & EWS) :
Instruction for Parents:
- Take a printout of the Online Registration Form on an A-4 size white sheet of paper. Use black ink only for printout.
- Fill up the required information in the form.
- Attach copies of all documents required with the form.
- Kindly ensure that you collect a receipt and acknowledgement for the Registration Fees paid.
- Submit the duly filed form, complete in all respects to the School office in which admission is sought, as per the schedule given below.
Registration fees of Rs.25/- is to be deposited at the time of submission of the form.
No Registration fees will be charged from EWS Candidates.
Dates for Admission Procedure:
|Admission process starting :||
20th December 2014
|Online availability of forms||
20th December 2014
3rd January 2015
|Acceptance of filled up forms
(Excluding 29th December 2014, Sundays and Gazetted Holidays)
22.12.2014 to 9.01.2015
(8.30 am to 11.00 am)
|No forms will be accepted on||
|Notification of First List of shortlisted candidates + Waiting list||
|Last date for acceptance of fees from the First List||
(9.00 am to 12.00 noon)
|Notification of Second List (if any)||
|Last date for acceptance of fees from Second List||
List of documents to be enclosed with the filled up forms are hereunder:1. Copy of Birth certificate of the Child 2. Proof of Residence(any one)
- Ration Card issued in the Name of the parents (mother/father having the name of the child)
- Domicile certificate of the child or his/her parents
- Voter I D of any of the parents
- Electricity Bill/ MTNL telephone bill/ Water Bill
- Passport in the Name of any of the Parents or child
- Aadhaar Card/ UID card issued in the name of any of the parents
- Copy of fee bill of sibling
- Copy of report card
- Copy of Character certificate
- OSA Membership Card
- Proof of qualifying for Minorities as defined by The Minorities Commission
- Legal document regarding single parent status.
- Details of Employment
- Date of employment
- Years of service
- Affidavit from Notary Public certifying that the child is a first born
- Birth Certificate of child
- Authenticated documents related to the disability and certificate from the Medical Specialist/ Clinical Psychologist that the child is ready for mainstream schooling.
|Please Note : If information is found to be false the school authorities have the right to cancel the admission if given.|
Documents to be submitted with the Registration Forms under EWS CategorySubmit anyone of the following documents as proof:
- Birth certificate under the births, Deaths and Marriages Certification Act 1886.
- Hospital/ Auxiliary nurse and Midwife (ANM) register record.
- Anganwadi Record
- Declaration of the age of the child by the parent or guardian.
- Ration card issued in the name of parents (Mother/ father having name of the child)
- Domicile certificate of child or of his/her parents.
- Voter ID Card of any of the parents
- Electricity bill / MTNL telephone bill / water bill
- Unique identity card of mother/father/child issued by Government of India
- Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
- Income certificate issued by a Revenue officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- BPL Ration card (Yellow Card)
- AAY Ration Card (Pink Coloured)
- A Certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar or any other Competent Authority
- Caste Certificate issued by DC office
- Medical certificate from Govt. Hospital, in case of children with Special Needs/Disabilities.